Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Latest Adventure of the Dazevedo Clan

Apparently the Portuguese blood runs thick in the veins of my family. We've all sought the water in one way or the other all of our lives. My father, Bob, began sailing when he was a young man, and he has been sailing avidly in the last 20+ years. His brother Lionel and his wife Marianne too have been avidly sailing for even longer. And a few years ago, our cousin Patrick also answered the call of the sea moving from Denver Colorado to Miami after he retired (early)!. And they have now all gathered in of all places, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. Why you may ask? Well, to begin a new adventure of course. And you guessed it, it's a seafaring one! I'm not going to spoil it here. Aunt Marianne has taken up the duty of scribe for the beginning of this tale, so I'll let her fill you in. The other cast of characters you'll be reading about include Lionel, her husband and dad's brother; Patrick, dad's cousin, and his partner Victor; Bobby, my brother and family friend Ron (Ronnie).

Settle in, it's a doozy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've written before, did you get it? Anyway, you guys seem to be having a ball. Mair you are outnumbered by those drunken bums and need a day in the spa to recover. Seriously, Merry Christmas to all of you, I love you and hope you have a great time. I log on every day to see your progress, more pictures of the good looking crew would be appreciated.