Sunday, July 25, 2010

T. S. Bonnie


Wow what a none storm that was. The media kept talking about our impending doom, the tremendous onslaught of wind and rain moving our way. well it rained for about two hours. the winds of the previous week and a half were more severe then what we got. The only victim was my awning. I don't think Bonnie actually did the damage. I had noticed a few seam strains in the sail ( a 30 year old jib from my Morgan) and had tried to put some sail tape on the most vulnerable spots. In the week before the storm our winds were consistently in the 25 to 30 mph range and the awning was flapping around a bit. I was finally working, (customs released our simulator) so I wasn't home. Koi called around 6pm to inform me the awning was down. It had blown out at the head and knocked over everything in it's way. A little clean up was in order no big deal. Now I have the dilemma of what to do about no shade. For the first part of my stay here on the river I didn't have an awning. It was for my sons 50th B'day party that we decided to launch the awning. Well now we have gotten so used to it we actually miss it . I have contacted a few canvas shops for prices on a replacement tarp. The dock looks naked without it.
We had to cancel a dock party yesterday, I had to work. We'll try to re-schedule for next week.
Our usual complement of river rats will assemble this afternoon to ogle the bikini clad Dennison of the deep and of course have a drink or two.
We should finish this simulator installation next week and I'll try to get some pictures for the blog. It is really an attractive piece of machinery. Looks like the storm trooper helmets from Star Wars.
That's about all I have for today. Life is good.
Capt. Bob

No comments: