Tuesday, June 15, 2010

today


Hello
I got a little help from the blog master today. Couldn't find my way out of a wet paper bag. But all is well now, I have been awakened.
It's a really great day on the river today. Not a lot of traffic. The city is working on a beautification of the river project. Last week they had some sort of a symposium with all kinds of scientist and dignitaries who traveled up and down the river on a tour boat to asses the viability of commerce and industry on the river. They took a lot of pictures and wrote an article for the Miami Herald.( I know there is a way to link to that article but I don't know it ) Today we had a visit land side . They came by and checked out the property and told us they were going to beautify the street and put in new sidewalks. We'll see.
This boat just seems to attract attention. I was checking Email earlier when a small boat approached from across the river. A couple who I saw come in for lunch at Garcias restaurant came over to inquire as to the "HISTORY" of this fine vessel. I was only too happy to inform them. They said they would stop by again and asked if they could get a tour of the boat. It's a very familiar experience, we got this all the way home from Pittsburgh and were only too happy to oblige.
More to follow.
Capt. Bob

No comments: